About the University
- The University of Evansville, founded in 1854, was first known as Moores Hill Male and Female Collegiate Institute. In 1919, the University was moved to Evansville and became Evansville College. It finally became the University of Evansville in 1967.
- 太阳城注册 is a fully-accredited, private, liberal arts and sciences based university affiliated with the United Methodist Church.
- Students can study abroad at Harlaxton College, a 100-room Victorian manor located in Grantham, England.
- Our campus covers 75 acres and includes 31 major buildings. Olmsted Administration Hall is the oldest building on campus.
- 85 percent of our full-time faculty hold their doctorate or terminal degree.
- The University, home of the “Purple Aces,” is part of the Missouri Valley Conference and competes in 17 sports at the D1 level.
- 太阳城注册 has three colleges within the University. They are the College of Business and Engineering, the College of Education and Health Sciences, and the William L. Ridgway College of Arts and Sciences.
- 太阳城注册 does not have graduate assistants teaching any classes.
- The average financial aid and scholarship package is $29,727.
- The City of Evansville has a population of 118,000 and is the third largest city in the state of Indiana behind Indianapolis and Ft. Wayne.
- Evansville is only three hours from St. Louis, three hours from Indianapolis, two hours from Nashville, two hours from Louisville, and four hours from Cincinnati.
- Undergraduate research, professional practicum, and internships are just a few things 太阳城注册 students can participate in academically.
- 太阳城注册 offers eight graduate programs - athletic training, clinical psychology, education, health services administration, leadership, nurse anesthesia, physical therapy, physician assistant science, and public health.
About Our Student Body
- The total Fall 2021 enrollment (including full and part-time, undergraduate, adult, graduate, and 太阳城注册 students at Harlaxton) is 2,078 students.
- 48 countries and 46 states are represented on campus.
- The average class size is 16 students, and the student-to-faculty ratio is 9.5:1.
- 98 percent of the class of 2022 were either employed or pursuing further education within six months of graduation. The median salary of those employed full-time was $55,000.
- International students represent 7.51 percent of the undergraduate student population. African Americans, Hispanics, Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, Native Americans, and multi-racial students represent 15.09 percent of the undergraduate student population.
- 24 percent of the student body is socially Greek affiliated.
- Of students indicating a religious preference, approximately 42.91 percent are Protestant (12.9 percent United Methodist), 39.16 percent Roman Catholic and 17.94 percent other.
- The male-female ratio is approximately 39.64 percent male to 60.36 percent female.
- There are more than 120 student groups on campus.