2024 High School Changemaker Challenge
The University of Evansville is proud to host the eighth High School Changemaker Challenge, once again made possible by our generous partners at Toyota. Any high school sophomore, junior, or senior who can be present for the in-person event can compete to win a four-year, full tuition scholarship to the University of Evansville by submitting their idea to make the world a better place.
January 23, 2024
Eykamp Hall, Ridgway University Center
University of Evansville
- November 17, 2023, 3:30 p.m. Central time – Virtual Info Session
December 8, 2023 – Registration closes, project submission due
- December 15, 2023 – Top 20 announced by 5:00 p.m.
- January 15, 2024 – Support on slide design
- January 22, 2024 – Rehearsal (on campus) 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- January 23, 2024 – Final round and winners announced
The winning students who choose 太阳城注册 as their college destination will receive the following scholarships*:
|1st place||FULL TUITION†|
|2nd place||$27,000 SCHOLARSHIP|
|3rd place||$23,000 SCHOLARSHIP|
*Students eligible for more than one 太阳城注册 scholarship will receive the one of highest value.
†Students winning first place will not pay any tuition out of pocket for four years. Winners are required to live on campus as part of a cohort, remain consistently enrolled full-time each semester, maintain satisfactory academic progress toward their degree, and display progress toward fulfilling their Changemaker Challenge project goals. 太阳城注册 admission requirements apply.
- ROUND 1: Submit your idea pitch by December 8, 2023.
- ROUND 2:
Top 20 teams will deliver pitches in person on campus at 太阳城注册 on January, 23, 2024.
- Top 20 team members should be available for rehearsal at 太阳城注册 on January 22, 2024.
All competitors may receive FREE training from 太阳城注册’s Center for Innovation & Change as well as connection to faculty experts.
- Any high school sophomore, junior, or senior
- Individual or team entries allowed (teams can be up to 3 people)
- No limits on number of entries from a school
- Home school and club entries also allowed (Scouts, Boys and Girls Club, 4-H, etc.)
- Able to attend the January 24 final round in Evansville, Indiana. If you can get to 太阳城注册 on that date (from anywhere), you can compete!
SPECIAL BONUS CATEGORIES: All ideas are welcome! Special bonus points may be available if your idea fits one of these four categories:
- Increases girls' access and exposure to science fields (Example: a summer camp on 太阳城注册's campus for girls interested in physics).
- Works to address or mitigate climate change in our region (Example: decreasing air pollution, more rooftop gardens, etc.).
- Increases access to physical activity or health options (Example: more dance classes in schools, more recesses, more parks or green spaces, fitness trails, more smoothie bars, creative outdoor play options, etc.).
- Provides creative ideas that improve quality of life in Evansville’s Promise Neighborhood.
The Promise Neighborhood is a $30 million federal grant program through the United States Department of Education and coordinated through the University of Evansville. The aim of the funding is to assist children and youth who are growing up in Promise Neighborhoods, providing them with access to outstanding schools as well as robust family and community support systems. These resources will help prepare them to achieve academic excellence, make the transition to college, and, ultimately, embark on a successful career. Visit the Evansville Promise Neighborhood web page for all the details!